Yesterday, I thought I was really gonna start Dylan on solid, for the very first time.
- I bought a box of baby rice cereal.
- Got ready 1 ounce of EBM
- Sterilized a bowl & spoon
All I was waiting for is for Dylan to wake up from his afternoon nap.
But he napped much longer than I anticipated. And when he woked up, it was getting late for dinner. Hubb was getting hungry. Bryan wants to poo-poo. So the solid introduction session was postponed.
Being a 2nd time mommy, I thought I know everything I need to know. Then I forgot… Err…how am I suppose to plan the first feeding session ah?
- Do I feed him when he is hungry? or
- BF him till he is full first as he is still supposed to get as much BM as possible? (but then full liao, how to eat solid ah) or
- BF till full, then wait 30 mins before giving solid? (aiyo, no time liao, wanna go out for dinner liao)
But I guess the most important fact was – I am NOT ready to start Dylan on solid. He is my precious baby. He grows up so fast. Now solid, soon porridge, then rice…before I know it, he’s gonna grow into a Terrible Two like Bryan… He’s gonna know his ABCs, 123s, and soon, all the complicated words like Stokke Tripp Trapp.
WUAAAAHHHHHHH ….I miss my baby oredi!
Anyway, I checked Dr Sears website today and it says,
“If your baby is content with breastmilk or formula, no need to complicate his life with solids”
I guess he can remain my little baby a little longer….